The original aim of the Switchback was to design the most playful natured and confidence inspiring aggressive frame that we possibly could, and we’ve now brought this design ethos to the Switchback FS 140.
The Switchback FS is our 27.5” wheeled frame, with kinematics designed to reflect the positive ride characteristics evolved from our award winning Switchback and Ti version Burst acceleration, stoically stable descending, agility in the corners and eye watering pace, the Switchback FS 27.5” has all these characteristics in abundance. It is as happy being thrashed down bike park black runs as it is racing the Mega Avalanche.
Our progressively designed suspension allows for a bottomless feel, while the dual link pivot system aids small bump control by allowing rearward movement as the back wheel travels through the start of the suspension arc.
The Switchback FS 140 our 140mm Enduro/Park offering.
- Reynolds 631 44mm head tube (fits all steerers), gusseted down tube and our super-sweet alloy head badge.
- 30.9 Stealth dropper-compatible seat tube (34.9 clamp) with internal routing round the BB and into the down tube.
- Triple-butted Reynolds 631 DZB seamless, air-hardened top tube, and down tube and custom swaged and butted Reynolds 631 seamless, air-hardened seat tube. Takes full-length gear outer for consistent, weather-proof shifting.
- Fully CNC’d linkage pieces
- Fully CNC’d bottom bracket shell and first linkage piece known as “the egg”
- Heat treated super short aluminum chainstays 435mm
- Custom CNC’d Swapout dropouts 12 x 148 Boost as Standard
- 15″ frame weight – 3.95kg without shock, 4.47kg with shock
- Frame designed around a Q factor of 172mm or greater
- Designed for a headset cup depth of 9mm
- Recommended Fork Travel: 140mm - 160mm